Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Un petit financier delicieux


I’ve had a thing for financiers for many many years, and I know exactly how I want them. However I’ve not yet come across the recipe yet. Because you find the best financiers in the whole world in a little green bakery on a corner in the heart of Nice in Provence. If I go by I have to taste one...also if I’m on a diet... and I’m looking forward to trying some again in late January when I’m off to Nice.

I served these home invented financiers for New Years Eve and they are quite lovely, though they are far from les financiers niçois.

100 g almonds with their skin on, chopped, roasted in the oven at 150 degrees celsius and

grounded

75 g sugar

2 egg whites

35 g honey

12 g flour

70 g butter, ”made into beurre noisette”

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Heat almonds, sugar and egg whites over a bain-marie. Remove from the water and add honey and flour and the butter. Put into tiny financiermolds and bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden.

No comments: